GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!!
Recipients will be announced 15th March.
Major trauma research grant 2024
Te Tāhū Hauora Health Quality & Safety Commission is working with the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) and Te Whatu Ora National Clinical Network – Trauma to establish a research programme for major trauma in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The major trauma research grant aims to encourage research into priority areas related to the management of, and outcomes from, serious injury in Aotearoa New Zealand’s health and disability system.
A total investment of $100,000 per year is being made to support major trauma research. To ensure this can enable a number of projects, the maximum value of each grant for a single project will be $50,000 for a maximum term of 12 months. Examples of the research likely to be supported through this grant include:
- evaluation of previous quality improvement interventions
- serious injury prevention
- assessment of outcomes of care across population and/or injury subgroups (including new models of care such as clinical guidelines and pathways) with an overarching focus on equitable care across ethnicities, genders, ages and geographies.
Māori and Pacific health research approaches and methodologies are encouraged, as are any research or research-related activities that will clearly lead to an advancement in major trauma research in Aotearoa New Zealand.
To be eligible to receive a major trauma research grant:
- the first-named investigator must live and be employed in Aotearoa New Zealand
- all applicants must have the support of their host institution/organisation
- applications must be aligned with a specific health research priority area as outlined by the National Clinical Network – Trauma. See the application guide for eligible themes.
Applications are limited to one application per first named investigator per funding round.
How to apply
Please complete the 2024 major trauma research grant application form on the National Trauma Network website.
If you have any questions about the research grants or application process, please email email@example.com.